Let's Get SOULcial!
Search Our Site
La Rumba Pittsburgh!
Pittsburgh's 1st Latin Hits Music Show
with Primo and CeCe
Latino’s and African-Americans in our region working together! Soul Pitt Xtra and LA RUMBA Click Here
Pirates Manager Clint Hurdle "Got Soul"
Pictured with CeCe Fernandez from LaRumba
and Soul Pitt CEO Donna Baxter
Look who's reading
Soul Pitt Quarterly
Did you or someone you know recently Get a promotion? Been appointed to a board? Given an Award? Got a record deal? Just got saved? Got Married? Had a baby? Landed a contract? Been featured in national news? Got your Ph.D.?
YOU Voted Us 2008 WINNER for Best Local Community Site in the East USA!
THANKS TO ALL OF OUR SITE VISITORS!
Pittsburgh Voted Us 2007 WINNER for Best
Local Community Site in the East!
THANK YOU PITTSBURGH!
You can also feel free to come here and meet your friends. Go inside to find our when our next scheduled chat will meet! Enter
SPREAD THE WORD
Tell 'em The Soul Pitt
Told YOU 'bout it!
The Soul Pitt Charter for Change trip was an awesome experience!
Check out the video by Andrew Rush and the Article by Sadie Gurman from the Post-Gazette who both traveled on our charter to document our journey!
Click here for the Video
Click here for the Article
- RAD helped shape Pittsburgh's sports landscape September 23, 2014It was 1997, and 11 counties around Pittsburgh had just voted against a tax increase that would have raised funds for building new stadiums for the Pirates and Steelers. In the coming months, city and county officials crafted an alternative proposal known as Plan B that would raise more than $800 million for new stadiums and an expansion of the convention ce […]
- Nostalgic allure of vintage theme parks September 23, 2014... weekends throughout the fall season. Kennywood is a vintage amusement park that is still operating in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The park first opened in 1898 as a "trolley park." Some of the original rides and buildings from 1898 are ... […]
- Pittsburgh police searching for missing boy, 12 September 23, 2014The Pittsburgh Bureau of Police is asking for assistance locating 12-year-old Tramel Howell last seen walking away from Langley Middle School at approximately 8:10 a.m. September 22, 2014. He was last seen walking in the direction of the South Busway, and was wearing a white T-shirt with black print and dark colored jeans. […]
- Sources: 6ABC's Annie McCormick asks for time off September 23, 2014... Headlining the fest is Afrojack , whom Forbes named as the sixth-highest-paid DJ in all the land. He's joined by Pittsburgh-born rapper Wiz Khalifa , who is married to gorgeous South Philly gal Amber Rose . Also rocking the mic will be L.A. singer ... […]
- Duquesne Light turns on LED streetlight plan September 23, 2014... in 47 local municipalities. About one-third of the lights have already been installed. Though cities such as Pittsburgh own and maintain their own streetlights, Edgeworth and most smaller communities don't. Instead, the streetlights are owned by the ... […]
- Finding value in mine water September 23, 2014... wrote a paper about the potential in 2012: "With more than 3 million people living in and around cities like Pittsburgh, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Johnstown and Hazleton located over known mine pools," he wrote, "the possibilities for use of ... […]
- Port Authority bus goes off I-279, down hillside September 23, 2014A Port Authority bus crashes through a guardrail, rolls down a hillside and lands on a residential street below Interstate 279 in Pittsburgh. OFF THE ROAD, OVER THE HILL, AND NOW WE'RE GETTING OUR FIRST CLUES INTO WHAT CAUSED HER TO LOSE CONTROL. […]
- Startup taxi company targeting South Side draws protest September 23, 2014... she added. There are a half-dozen hotels in the airport area that call for rides. Most passengers are headed into Pittsburgh and just don't want to drive themselves, even if they have a vehicle of their own. If her expansion is approved, Ms. Sleva ... […]
- The Kelly Strayhorn Theater shows how it should be done September 23, 2014... leader. I have thought many times during the building, opening and closing of the August Wilson Center that Pittsburgh already had a functioning arts center with an African-American focus in a historically appropriate setting. The building itself is ... […]
- Pittsburgh park would honor Negro Leagues stars September 23, 2014Millions of rail passengers once caught a train at Station Square on the South Side. Under a plan before the Pittsburgh planning commission, it may soon be the place to catch up with one of the greatest catchers who ever lived, plus his Negro Leagues teammates. […]
- RAD helped shape Pittsburgh's sports landscape September 23, 2014