Chester Engineers, Inc., a member of the Chester Group, is a leading engineering services firm that provides energy, water and wastewater solutions to public and industrial clients across the United States and internationally. Chester Engineers, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA since 1910, has offices in strategic US markets and affiliates worldwide.
Our Pittsburgh, PA office has an exciting job opportunity for a Technical Support Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing professional consulting office. Candidate will work with and be mentored by strong, nationally recognized, senior technical staff.
Job Title: Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst is responsible for providing technical support to end users on a variety of issues. The individual will need to identify, research, and resolve technical problems in response to telephone calls and email requests for technical support. This person will also need to document, track, and monitor the problems in accordance with Company procedures.
A successful Technical Support Analyst will possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Some college; technical degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Client Computing and End User support experience to include support of one or more of the following: desktop operating systems, MS Office Suite, Active directory, MS Exchange, VMWare, Windows 7, 8
- Demonstrated communication skills in a work setting to include written, phone, and face-to-face communication
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of server/networking structures
- Strong customer service and communications skills are necessary.
- Ability to quickly analyze, evaluate and test software and hardware problems to provide rapid resolution support for known errors with documented solutions.
- Detail-oriented and productive without compromising quality.
- High energy level and attention to detail.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing end user support
- Providing network and system administration
- Documenting and updating procedures
- Providing hardware and peripheral support
- Providing telecommunication support
- Providing system applications support
If interested in applying for this position, please complete the online application and submit along with your resume and cover letter.
Our firm does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Each person, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, handicap or disability, or veteran’s status, will be given equal consideration.