Chester Engineers, Inc., a member of the Chester Group, is a leading engineering services firm that provides energy, water and wastewater solutions to public and industrial clients across the United States and internationally. Chester Engineers, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA since 1910, has offices in strategic US markets and affiliates worldwide.
Our Pittsburgh, PA office has an exciting job opportunity for a Construction Inspector to work during the summer construction season. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing professional consulting office. Candidate will work with and be mentored by strong, nationally recognized, senior technical staff.
Job Title: Construction Inspector (Seasonal/Part-time)
Hourly Rate: $12.00/hr.
The Construction Inspector will observe and monitor site construction activities and projects. Prepare daily report of construction activities and update as-built drawings. The successful candidates will interface with design and construction teams. Successful candidates will have extensive interaction with construction manager and contractors. Will report to senior managers on progress and keep project on track and on budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for resident inspection of municipal construction projects.
- Responsibilities include monitoring construction activities, preparing daily report of construction activities, updating as-built drawings, and communicating with project managers, clients, and the public
- 0-2 years related experience
- This position requires the use of a vehicle.
- Excellent communications skills required. Computer skills required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
If interested in applying for this position, please complete the online application and submit along with your resume and cover letter.
Our firm does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Each person, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, handicap or disability, or veteran’s status, will be given equal consideration.