Chester Engineers, Inc., a member of the Chester Group, is a leading engineering services firm that provides energy, water and wastewater solutions to public and industrial clients across the United States and internationally. Chester Engineers, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA since 1910, has offices in strategic US markets and affiliates worldwide.
Our Moon Township, PA office has an exciting job opportunity for an entry level Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing professional consulting office. Candidate will work with strong, nationally recognized, senior technical staff. We are looking for someone who is interested in helping lead and develop the growth and profitability of the company.
Title: Accountant I
Perform professional accounting work, including but not limited to project accounting and client billing, auditing, analyzing, and verifying fiscal records and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with new project set up and ongoing project accounting maintenance by entering budgets, owner change orders, budget revisions and job cost adjustments. Review project accounting reports to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares monthly billings to clients
- Assists in monthly revenue recognition, financial closing process, accounts payable and employee expense processing
- Prepares monthly reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet and expense accounts
- Assures work is performed in a safe and professional manner by following established safety, operating, and emergency response procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or other related field.
- 0 – 5 years accounting experience.
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to verbally communicate technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
If interested in applying for this position, please complete the online application and submit along with your resume and cover letter.
Our firm does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Each person, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, handicap or disability, or veteran’s status, will be given equal consideration.